Wednesday, August 18, 2010

high school

well my next step was going to be about my high school days.  i will start with this past weekend in the newspaper was the obituary of dennis mobley one of our classmates from the class of 1959 at Northwest High School.  A very short obituary it was listing no survivors just calling hours.  I remember Dennis from prom and how he drove me and my prom date home as i did not have a car or drive then.  Fifty one years has passed since then and i never attended any of the reunions as I always felt that after 20 years and more what do you have in common anymore.  Dennis i never saw after graduation, he died on his farm whereever that was located.  I guess you can live  your whole life and when you die someone who knew you may read about your death but life will go on like it never happened.  I did not attend the calling hours for Dennis for that very reason that i have never seen or had contact with him in 50 years so should you show up at his funeral.  Hardly i guess though it is rather scary that someone your age that you knew is now no longer here.
 Is that perhaps a fear of your on death, maybe so. Although i believe there were other deaths from our class at and early age like Miguel Guzman and Jim Finefrock whose mother-in-law is now at Chapel Hill Community nursing home where i work part time so i guess the world becomes a small place after all.  I only
realized in the past few weeks that Jim's wife was connected to our class of 1959.  Well i will write more of our high school days another night. probably find a few pictures to post of graduation and prom i am sure I have them in the same box that i just found the most recent photos that i posted.  hope all of you who are reading this are enjoying

1 comment:

  1. Personally I think you should write a little more often than you do, I always enjoy reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond what I am writing, it means so very much to me.